Saturday, October 12, 2013

Our summer wedding in the garden - part V

Our summer wedding in the garden - part V

My best friend came and told me embarrassed that she forgot to hand out the happy tears handkerchiefs but that she gave them now to all guests and that was exactly the right thing. There were no tears during the ceremony but after we arrived we started again music - Van Morrison with these are the days - and I started my bridal speech. Standing next to my husband in front of all of my family and friends I felt exited, emotional, happy - all at once. I had so much on my notes but ended up talking freely instead of reading what I wrote down. Welcoming all was the easiest part but when I started to talk to my parents and about his parents it was the moment when tears started to run and handkerchiefs were needed.  My sister came quickly to give me a handkerchief as well and after all was said we've got applause from all.
My husband told me later that evening that it was one of the most appreciated things I did that day and that he never expected me to mention his parents as well as I unfortunately never met them. But I knew how important they are for him and they are as well for me as they are the reason for him being alive and being now my husband.



No comments:

Post a Comment