Saturday, October 12, 2013

Our summer wedding in the garden - part IV

Our summer wedding in the garden - part IV

The reception started and everyone was hugging and congratulating while saying cheers to the couple, handing over gifts and flowers. I just felt like the happiest person on earth at that moment. We had all our loved ones around us and the moment was perfect.
As this villa were we married has big stairs into a garden we told the photographer upfront that we would like to have a picture of the whole wedding party exactly there on the stairs with my little cousin as flower girl in front of us. She was proud to have these important tasks - she was also responsible to bring us the wedding rings during the ceremony. So cute!
Time to throw the bouquet. I started to pick up all the single women and went up the staircase. They were gathering behind me and after I threw it I glimpsed while turning around that my best friend was almost jumping like a basketball player to get the bouquet. 
After the reception all guests started to drive or walk to our garden and we stayed with the photographer and went straight out into the beautiful summer afternoon for some sun-kissed, romantic bride and groom photos.
The plan was that we arrive in our garden when all guests were sitting and had coffee or tea in front of them so that I can start my bridal speech before we cut the cake and open the cake buffet.
What I wasn't aware of and I think my husband although hadn't planned it like that is that he asked me after we parked the car if I want to walk up the street towards our house. I was wondering what he meant, why shouldn't I be able to walk these 100 meters? All of a sudden he grabbed me and started to carry me towards the garden. Unfortunately no one was aware that he will do that so only a few saw our arrival and we don't have pictures of him carrying his wife. But the surprise was so lovely that I will never forget it.





No comments:

Post a Comment