Saturday, October 12, 2013

Our summer wedding in the garden - part III

Our summer wedding in the garden - part III

Mom and my best friend left 5 min earlier than me and dad so that we were really the last ones to arrive at the ceremony. My best friend was carrying our happy tears handkerchiefs as she was intended to give them to the guests. 
I was driving as I have a company car and dad is not allowed to drive it without permission from the company so I decided a modern bride can drive herself. It was much stress and all of a sudden this stress was gone when I stepped out of the car and was walking at dad's side towards the ceremony. Our photographer was waiting for the first shots of the arriving bride and two of my best friends were waiting in front of the old villa to wish me good luck.
When the music started the door opened and I wasn't able to stop smiling. There he was standing, waiting for me, my love, kissing me slightly when he took my hand. He was desperate for me to arrive as he was standing there alone in front of all our guests which were mostly my family and friends. I chose "I'm ready" from Bryan Adams for my arrival as it was exactly how I felt. Glad to be together we sat down and started to listen to all the officer told us. Our translator explained everything to my husband and his uncle and finally we had to answer the question we were waiting for. Yes, I do! Yes, I do!
Then we were announced husband and wife.
Woohoo - officially, legally married, husband and wife, Mr. and Mrs. K.
I never imagined how it may feel and can just say, it was wonderful!
My little cousin brought the wedding rings and it wasn't that easy for my husband to get it on my finger. This ring is really sitting tight and I love it!
After changing the wedding rings, signing up the document with our witnesses and the congratulations of the officer the music started again and we walked out of the room into a sunbathed park full of flowers and singing birds. "You'll never walk alone" from Mathou as leaving the ceremony song.



No comments:

Post a Comment