Monday, September 17, 2012

Light up your life

> Light up your life
>
> What is lightening up your life? There are many small things which can instantly lighten you up so that you feel happy and at ease for a moment. We have to appreciate more the small things we liked so much. Why shouldn't a cup of hot chocolate be able to put a smile on our face? I don't need the big things like cars, luxury weekend or diamond rings to be happy.
> Make a list of what you like and you quickly realize that's often the smallest thing which are sufficient. Here is the list of my favorites and be sure if I think longer and longer about it I will have a huge list....
> 1. Hot cup of chocolate or tea in combination with a good book or movie
> 2. My room just lightened up with lots of candles
> 3. Laying down on my bed under the wide opened window on a summer evening to listen to the sounds outside and breathing in the air
> 4. The smell of fresh washed bed sheets
> 5. Falling asleep in the arms of my love feeling just safe and sheltered
> 6. Seeing the smile in my neighbors face after she got dinner for free because I'm always cooking more than I'm able to eat.
> 7. Documentations about the most beautiful places on earth
> 8. Waking up in the morning and already smelling freshly brewed coffee
> 9. Walking with bare feet on grass
> 10. A short nap on a Sunday afternoon
> 11. Talking for hours with my friend or sister on the phone
> 12. Planning on how to surprise someone as the smile is already paying back enough
> 13. Listening to the birds chirping at five am and knowing that I will sleep now
> 14. Sometimes I hear a saxophonist in the middle of the night and the music is heard from far away but totally beautiful
> 15. Enjoy the silence after midnight when the city starts to sleep
> 16. Feeling the sun on my skin
> 17. Cookies and a glass of milk
> 18. Reading until I fall asleep
> 19. Sitting in front of the heater and warm up my back on a cold winter day
> 20. Listening to the sound of waves
>
> ...and so many more...

No comments:

Post a Comment