Saturday, August 4, 2012

What is high society about?

What is high society about?


Superficiality?!?

My impression and experience says definitely YES.
I had a very bad year in Munich. Ok, it were two but the second was a hard way back to myself. 
The first was how to distract myself from the messy life I'm leading.
A relationship where I wasn't sure if it's better to stay or better to leave.
In order not to think too much about it I put myself in a surrounding of so-called friends. 
Friends who are always happy and smiling and who have no problems at all in their life. 
The first superficial sign! Any human being around the globe has good and not so good or sometimes really bad days.
I can only write about my experience, this is no social report about people in Munich but I think you can find this phenomenon everywhere.
As long as you meet the society's expectations you are very welcome on each and every occasion.
What means meeting expectations?
They want you to be perfect - perfectly dressed, stylish, educated, on the top of actual discussion topics, intelligent, always in a good mood, funny, slightly sarcastic, successful in your business, interested, and so on. You should have or at least pretend to have the money to live this all. 
Easy for women, you pay once the drinks to show "I'm able to" and the rest is a self runner.
You will be invited most of the times - the only money needed is for the taxi back home. I'm not talking about men inviting you and who may have some expectations afterwards. No, you are quickly part of a group where several persons just book half restaurants to celebrate something and invite you. As soon as the "group leaders" know your name you'll find yourself on guest lists for events, openings, charity concerts and more. 
That sounds awesome, but believe me, it isn't. 
I have to admit that I really had lots of fun in the beginning - me, grown up in a small village, in the society of top people, which are all successful in what they do and the world is just so easy. Just enjoy life to the fullest.
The dark site of this game is quicker there than you think.
All these people live something which they a.) cannot afford or b.) is a fake or (and this is the biggest mistake) c.) they think life is all about.
It's a big society of pretenders. They are all artists, singers, actors, high society ladies and so on but at the end of the day they are all poor humans with low self esteem, lonely and without friends - until the next event starts.
They're also not successful, the really successful will not show up there because they know the game. If you enter the community you will be pulled into it which isn't good.
I realized after a few weeks that you see the same faces, each and everywhere, why? Because they have no personal life and no real sense in their being. I intended to live it as I was also running. Running away from myself, from lonely nights, from decisions which needed to be done and which I wanted to avoid. The difference is that most of these people, these always seen faces, lead their life in this way since years, sometimes more than decades. 
I saw them all, if you start to look behind the scenes you'll find the actor who has no engagements anymore, who drinks at night to survive the dark and lonely nights. Or the singer, who once was a great star for a year or two and who is still not accepting that his life is not the rockstar life anymore, and it will not be it again just because he dresses like one with over sixty. The model from the seventies thinks she's not getting older because of Botox and beauty surgeries.
If the curtains fall piece by piece you'll find yourself in the middle of the rocky horror "people" show.
Is this what I wanted? NO
My decision was the hard way whereas I don't say their way is easy, their way is unreal until they awake if at all and for some it will be too late by then.
My hard way was the way to get back on my path, to find my values, what do I expect from myself and how do I wanna live.
A journey which is never ending and where you can never say I reached the goal until you die but at least I'm on the way to the right direction. But this is another topic, another idea for the next post maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment